Leading through Wellbeing - Nov 2023 - San Juan Bautista, CA
We live in a world where collective trauma is as common as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. Over the course of the last 3 years, we have been subjected to a global pandemic the effects of which are still unknown and the damage it has inflicted on our ability to engage with others and our psychological safety will be felt for many years. Recent SHRM reports demonstrated that loneliness and disconnection are significantly on the rise in the workplace. A lack of a wellness culture is costing companies nearly a half a billion globally every year.
Leading through well-being and wellness is designed to enhance our understanding of the aspects of trauma and the process of its healing in the workplace while also providing another lens to examine one’s ability to lead from a perspective of well-being.
During this 2.5 day highly experiential and interactive seminar, participants will be exposed and gain insights into:
- Understanding the aspects of trauma and its impact and intersection with being a leader
- Theories of motivation and its impact on morale, engagement and creating connection
- The dimensions of being a leader with a focus on well-being
- Understanding and elevating workplace culture
- Understanding how your personal brand and self-care impact your ability to lead
- Expanding individual and organizational well-being
- Increasing engagement effectiveness and resilience
- At the conclusion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Describe the aspects and impacts of trauma and apply healing and supportive workplace responses
- Apply theories of motivation and morale to create optimal individual and team member performance
- Identify action steps for wellness and well-being that improve our ability to lead
- Utilize and enhance one’s personal branding and self-care to elevate personal and workplace relationships
- Overall expect to return from this event more energized, resilient and resourceful to your personal and professional community!
This course is facilitated by Julius E. Rhodes and Matthew Federcici.
Location: St. Francis Retreat Center, 549 Mission Vineyard Rd, San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Logistics: Arrive on the afternoon of November 27 for check in and an opening dinner. Engage in workshops on November 28 & 29 from 9am-5pm (with optional recreation activities in the evening) and complete the retreat on November 30 by 1pm.
Course fee includes 3-nights single lodging, all meals from dinner on November 27 to lunch on November 30, and all workshops with experience facilitators. Travel not included.