Does your state have peer specialists working in the Mental Health System?: 
Is there a certification process?: 
Are Certified Peer Specialists services Medicaid reimburseable?: 
What are the educational requirements to apply for a peer specialist training program?: 

High School, GED, waiver

What are the personal requirements to apply for a peer specialist training program?: 

Lived experience

What are the training requirements to become a Certified Peer Specialist?: 

State approved training and exam

Please list the training providers (vendors) and their contact information.: 

There are currently four approved training curricula in Wisconsin:

National Association of Peer Specialist (NAPS)

Kansas Consumers as Providers (CAP)
1545 Lilac Lane Lawrence, KS 66044
(877) 458-6804 (USA toll-free)
Website: http://mentalhealth.socwel.ku.edu/cap

Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
Lisa Goodale: lgoodale@dbsalliance.org
Website: http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=education_training_c...

Recovery Innovations (RI)
602-636-4444 | 866-481-5362 (toll free)
Website: http://www.recoveryinnovations.org

What is the average cost for CPS training?: 
Who is responsible for paying for training? (List all): 


Other potential funding sources.: 


On average, how often are trainings held in your state?: 
4 per year
Additional specializations:: 

Parent under development

Is there a state-wide certification test?: 
What is the cost of the certification test?: 
Does the certification test need to be taken regularly to maintain certification?: 
Is there a statewide certification body?: 
Please provide as much information about the certification board/body as possible.: 

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee; UW- Milwaukee School of Continuing Education
Attn: Gloria T Lane
161 W Wisconsin Ave. Suite 6000
Milwaukee, WI 53203-2602
Or FAX: 414-227-3330

What are the continuing education requirements?: 

20 hours every 2 years

Who tracks CEUs?: 
UW- Milwaukee
Is there a peer specialist organization in your state?: 
Organization Name: 
Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist Program
www.wicps.org & www.sce-peerspecialist.uwm.edu