have a high school diploma or its equivalent
must be at least 21 years of age
must have had a primary diagnosis of mental illness
be a current or former consumer of mental health services
* Demonstrate leadership and advocacy skills and a strong dedication to recovery
* Submit 2 letters of recommendation via email to email@example.com, mail to the above address, OR fax to 218-999-4041.
* Complete a phone interview with a member of the PS link Team
Each training event is two weeks (Monday through Friday only), 40 hours per week, and typically follows an 8:00-4:30 schedule.
Level I peer specialists must meet the criteria as above.
Certified Peer Specialists Level II must meet all requirements of a Level I CPS and one or more of the following criteria:
• Is qualified as a Minnesota ""mental health practitioner""
• A CPS on a crisis stabilization team must complete at least 30 hours of crisis intervention and stabilization training during their first two years on the team.
Yes, the State of Minnesota through the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Elmer L. Andersen Human Services Building
540 Cedar Street
St Paul, MN 55155
Behavioral Health Division
PO Box 64977
St. Paul, MN 55164-0977
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Peers: Link to HOPE Initiative
3130 SE 2nd Ave
Grand Rapids MN 55744
Peer Specialists must complete and maintain documentation of 30 hours continuing education in areas of mental health recovery, mental health rehabilitative services, and peer support.
CPS Level II must be supervised as under the "Clinical Supervision of Outpatient Mental Health Services"
Medicaid rehabilitation services option
Trainings may be rescheduled due to COVID-19. 'Peers Link to Hope' are still taking and processing applications and phone interviews for future trainings.