WRAP Facilitator Training Denver, CO
THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL. Please check our calendar for other opportunities.
Spend five days with Copeland Center staff learning to become a Mental Health Recovery Educator. This course is designed to help you become a powerful change agent/recovery educator as a WRAP Facilitator. You will gain a deeper understanding of the recovery process and learn to:
• work with people who have mental health challenges to discover the strengths they have and can use to enhance their recovery;
• effectively share the underlying concepts necessary to recovery: hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support;
• work with individuals and groups to develop a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP),
• teach about wellness tools and strategies;
• empower and motivate people to work toward recovery – feeling the way they want to feel, making their lives the way they want them to be, and moving toward meeting their life goals;
• use interaction and presentation styles and strategies that enhance recovery.
Thousands across the US and the world have trained as WRAP Facilitators and those people are changing the mental health system to honor people’s recovery journeys. This course models the behavior of a facilitator in a WRAP class and stresses authenticity and unconditional high regard, as well as a strong set of values and ethics to guide your work.
Fees include lunches, materials and tuition.
Applicants are expected to have completed ONE of the following:
- The Correspondence Course,
- Seminar I: Introduction to Mental Health Recovery and WRAP workshop (at least 16 hours),
- 8 week or longer WRAP Group