Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator Training - West Chester, PA
Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator training is all about how to train and prepare WRAP® Facilitators. It is a workshop for experienced facilitators with an in-depth knowledge and thorough mastery of both WRAP and facilitation skills. Certified Advanced Level WRAP Facilitators go out into their communities knowing that they possess the skills and knowledge to train others to do this work faithfully and in a manner that is consistent with the curriculum, values and ethics, and practices of WRAP Facilitator Training.
The five-day intensive workshop covers all the skills and values and ethics needed to offer WRAP® Facilitator trainings. The training is run by a select group of Copeland Center facilitators who are very experienced in training WRAP Facilitators, facilitating groups and who incorporate the Center’s current findings and effective facilitation approaches through partnership with the executive director and Mary Ellen Copeland. The workshop requires successful completion of a number of practicum exercises and a knowledge assessment. Completion of the course is not a guarantee of becoming an Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator. The Copeland Center staff will provide specific feedback and work with participants until they are prepared.
The qualities that the Copeland Center is looking for in Advanced Level WRAP® Facilitator applicants are:
- Experience- Applicants have completed a minimum of 5 independent WRAP groups, Mental Health Recovery and WRAP presentations, and/or supported individuals in writing their own WRAP
- Growth as a facilitator as demonstrated through evaluations
- Motivation- Applicants are highly motivated
- Committed to the 5 Key Concepts of Recovery - hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and ethics of WRAP
- Have a thorough knowledge of all parts of mental health recovery and WRAP
- To apply, you are asked to submit an online application. Please prepare your materials before beginning the application.
The online application asks for:
- Biographical information
- Training history including most recent WRAP Facilitator refresher
- Experience facilitating WRAP groups - The selection committee is most interested in experience with 8-12 week WRAP groups and Seminar I in the 2- and 3-day format.
- URL link to your WRAP presentation recording (video) - Applicants are asked to create an unedited 20 minute video presenting an overview of the Five Key Concepts of Recovery and all the sections of WRAP® (Wellness Toolbox, Daily Maintenance Plan, Triggers and Action Plans, Early Warning Signs and Action Plans, When Things Are Breaking Down and Action Plans, all the parts of the Crisis Plan, and Post Crisis Plan). Our preference is for you to upload the video to youtube.com, vimeo.com or similar and leave the link (url) in the application.
You will also be asked to briefly answer the following questions:
- Who do you intend to co-facilitate WRAP Facilitator trainings with?
- How do you practice the WRAP values and ethics: a. with self? b. when working with a co-facilitator? c. during the WRAP group experience?
- How has living WRAP enhanced your life?
- Share an experience about a WRAP facilitation curriculum guideline that resonates with you and why.
After you have completed the online application, please send us the following application materials to complete your application:
1. A copy of your WRAP Facilitator certificate. Please scan and email.
2. At least 5 evaluations from at least 3 different 8-12 week WRAP groups or 2- or 3-day Seminar I courses you have facilitated (15 total evaluations from Seminar I that are 16+ hours). Please scan and email.
Materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: West Chester Aug ALF (LAST NAME).
Complete applications will be reviewed by a committee of Advanced Level WRAP Facilitators prior to enrollment.
Note: Participation alone is not a guarantee of certification. Certification is based on demonstrated level of knowledge through written and/or oral exams. Course instructors will make every effort to work with participants toward successful completion of the course and/or establish next steps for certification.
The tuition for this course includes 5-day training with 2 International WRAP Mentors and materials. Travel and related expenses are not included.
PLEASE NOTE: Training goes to 5pm on Friday, August 24. Please plan your travel accordingly. The training starts with a dinner on Sunday evening with an evening session.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRAVEL UNTIL YOUR SEAT IN THE TRAINING IS CONFIRMED.