Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator Training - San Juan Bautista, CA - Dec 2021
As of November 1, this training is now fully enrolled.
Training Dates: Sunday, December 5 - Friday, December 10. The training ends at 5pm on Friday. Please plan travel accordingly.
Location: St. Francis Retreat Center
549 Mission Vineyard Rd
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
********St. Francis Retreat Center requires you to provide proof of vaccination. You must bring your vaccination card for check-in. Want other options? Check out West Chester, PA training on the same dates.
Tuition: $2300.00 USD includes 5-day training with 2 International WRAP Mentors, materials, lodging and all meals. Lodging is for single-occupancy starting with check-in Sunday and check-out Friday. There will be a dinner held on Sunday at 5:30pm for all participants as the opening session of course. Travel not included.
Training Location: http://stfrancisretreat.com/
Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator training is all about how to train and prepare WRAP® Facilitators. It is a workshop for experienced facilitators with an in-depth knowledge and thorough mastery of both WRAP and facilitation skills. Certified Advanced Level WRAP Facilitators go out into their communities knowing that they possess the skills and knowledge to train others to do this work faithfully and in a manner that is consistent with the curriculum, values and ethics, and practices of WRAP Facilitator Training.
The five-day intensive workshop covers all the skills and values and ethics needed to offer WRAP® Facilitator trainings. The training is run by a select group of Copeland Center facilitators who are very experienced in training WRAP Facilitators, facilitating groups and who incorporate the Center’s current findings and effective facilitation approaches through partnership with the executive director and Mary Ellen Copeland. The workshop requires successful completion of a number of practicum exercises and a knowledge assessment. Completion of the course is not a guarantee of becoming an Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator. The Copeland Center staff will provide specific feedback and work with participants until they are prepared.
The qualities that the Copeland Center is looking for in Advanced Level WRAP® Facilitator applicants are:
- Experience- Applicants have completed a minimum of 5 independent WRAP groups, Mental Health Recovery and WRAP presentations, and/or supported individuals in writing their own WRAP
- Growth as a facilitator as demonstrated through evaluations
- Motivation- Applicants are highly motivated
- Committed to the 5 Key Concepts of Recovery - hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and ethics of WRAP
- Have a thorough knowledge of all parts of mental health recovery and WRAP
To apply, you are asked to submit an online application. Please prepare your materials before beginning the application.
The online application asks for:
- Biographical information
- Training history including most recent WRAP Facilitator refresher
- Experience facilitating WRAP groups - The selection committee is most interested in experience with 8-12 week WRAP groups and Seminar I in the 2- and 3-day format.
- URL link to your WRAP presentation recording (video) - Applicants are asked to create an unedited 20 minute video presenting an overview of the Five Key Concepts of Recovery and all the sections of WRAP® (Wellness Toolbox, Daily Maintenance Plan, Triggers and Action Plans, Early Warning Signs and Action Plans, When Things Are Breaking Down and Action Plans, all the parts of the Crisis Plan, and Post Crisis Plan). Our preference is for you to upload the video to youtube.com, vimeo.com or similar and leave the link (url) in the application.
You will also be asked to briefly answer the following questions:
- Who do you intend to co-facilitate WRAP Facilitator trainings with?
- How do you practice the WRAP values and ethics: a. with self? b. when working with a co-facilitator? c. during the WRAP group experience?
- How has living WRAP enhanced your life?
- Share an experience about a WRAP facilitation curriculum guideline that resonates with you and why.
After you have completed the online application, please send us the following application materials to complete your application:
1. A copy of your WRAP Facilitator certificate. Please scan and email.
2. At least 5 evaluations from at least 3 different 8-12 week WRAP groups or 2- or 3-day Seminar I courses you have facilitated (15 total evaluations from Seminar I that's 16+ hours). Please scan and email.
Materials should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line: ALF SJB Dec 2021 (LAST NAME). Example: ALF SJB Dec 2021 Wilson
Complete applications will be reviewed by a committee of Advanced Level WRAP Facilitators prior to enrollment.
Note: Participation alone is not a guarantee of certification. Certification is based on demonstrated level of knowledge through written and/or oral exams. Course instructors will make every effort to work with participants toward successful completion of the course and/or establish next steps for certification.
Copeland Center's COVID-19 policy for in-person training:
- All attendees need to be fully vaccinated for this training site (St Francis Retreat Center)
- All attendees must wear a mask. Reasonable accommodations may allow for any "mask breaks" the person requires. This means they may step outside of the training/gathering room where the program is taking place to remove the mask as needed.